In Reply to: Re: Allen Wright's Pre-Amps posted by ronace on October 24, 2001 at 10:23:45:
I built it myself from scratch. It is more challenging than building it from a kit. The total cost for the whole linestage is around USD 850.00. The parts I used include Hovland for the output coupling caps, Elna Cerafine for the power supply, Tango choke for the power supply Holco for the audio circuit, DACT attenuator for volume control etc. For the shunt regulator, I bought his kit from a local supplier. My implmentation is a 2 chassis thing with the power supply separate from the audio circuit.
I live in Malaysia so some things may be cheaper (e.g. fabrication of chassis) while other parts are more expensive.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Allen Wright's Pre-Amps - ronace 10:04:47 10/24/01 (13)
- Re: Allen Wright's Pre-Amps - kenev 01:22:07 10/29/01 (1)
- Re: Allen Wright's Pre-Amps - ronace 12:47:43 10/30/01 (0)
- Re: SuperRegs - Lew 13:59:08 10/25/01 (0)
- I'm also his reader :) - Joseph Lau 16:03:11 10/24/01 (0)
- I always... - Willie The Squid 15:28:32 10/24/01 (1)
- I had the pleasure.... - Doug Flynn 17:10:36 10/24/01 (0)
- Re: Allen Wright's Pre-Amps - larry moore 12:30:47 10/24/01 (0)
- Re: Allen Wright's Pre-Amps - Joe LG 10:12:14 10/24/01 (5)
- Re: Allen Wright's Pre-Amps - ronace 10:23:45 10/24/01 (4)Follow Ups
- Re: Allen Wright's Pre-Amps - Joe LG 06:34:42 10/25/01 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.