Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: I avoid gear using 6SN7 tubes

Wow... that is an interesting data sheet.

The quirk that jumped out at me is with regard to the Ri, Gm and µ graph. From the numbers below and using the formula Ri=µ/Gm I get an Ri of 7166Ω but when you look at the plots of these values vs current things don't add up.

First the Ri label only goes to 3KΩ and if you take the value @ 10ma you get 750Ω. My first thought was that they simply dropped a zero from the scale and the Ri is really 7500Ω which may be close enough for government work, but not what I would expect for government military work. The published values for S and µ do have the ± designation for some wiggle room so my next thought was this is not a plot for a bogey tube. The next problem arose when I applied the Ri=µ/S formula to the 10ma values and I get 7500≠24.6/2.8 which has me scratching my head. The shape of the Ri, S & µ plots follow the pattern of the 6SN7 but the numbers sure don't add up. It almost looks as if the Ri axis is mislabeled and the two of the values were from 1/2 of a non-bogey tube and the third from the other half.

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.