Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Broskie is correct on this one.

I am very fond of a floating paraphase inverter that is adjustable. Rather than making the "perfect" inverter with a "perfect balanced output".

The advantages of the adjustable floating paraphase inverter is that you can adjust symetry with output tubes that have either more or less different amplification factors.

I measured this when I built an Audio Note clone that had a floating parapahese inverter followed by a6SN7 before driving the output tubes.

when the inverter was adjusted for "perfect symmetry" the end result with "perfect (within 1%) matched 6SN7 followed by "perfect matched" output tubes was more than twice as large as when I simply adjusted the inverter for best output.

When using less than perfect matched 6SN7's or output tubes the difference became larger although a hefty dosis of negative feedback attempts to correct this. But then IMD started to shoot up (the result of GNFB).

The moral of this post? Start viewing a design in its totality rather than splitting a design up and ending up with a worse result.

AM

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.