Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: ARTA measurement system for 2021 ?

USB. The internal version has some pretty good user support for Windows 10 (a bunch of people figured it out and it seems to work pretty reliably with pretty extensive effort).

But the USB, I couldn't make work. What's your secret? And which driver are you using? Mine would not be recognized under any of the existing, old drivers they had. Out of memory, the "Beta" version is the last, and it worked fine for me only under XP.

Did you do the left channel mod? There's some PCB routing issues with that side, and lower performance due to that. But once corrected, both L and R are equal on baseline and excellent.

Unfortunately, mine is gone (sold), so I either settle for the Lynx or look for another external solution. Active support is a consideration for me now.

As much as the Lynx is extremely carefully designed, I sort of feel there's some artifacts in its spectrum due to internal PC garbage; that said, I'm still assessing if it's just the lower noise floor, which may show more peaks across frequency domain than a card with higher floor would. The other less than ideal aspect is physically placing cables - though once optimized, the noise seems to kind of stabilize and even out in the two channels.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.