Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: LCR Phono stage

Hey,

This enters the "slippery slope" area that often derails audio. A mofset follower absolutely will work and the measured results will be nearly "ideal". Since we all know "perfect" devices do not exist it brings up the old adage that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Way to many people in audio base their adver-speak on the engineering/technical size since that is unassailable. I tend to gravitate to and make note of those who have ears on experience that does not 100% align with the engineering status quo. Audio is one of those odd slivers of reality that is akin to the wild west and the guy with the best aim will win not the guy with the most expensive or most accurate gun. Audio systems should be curated and not engineered.

As a footnote, this is a Vacuum tube based audio forum so right there we are already against 80% of the audio world and 99% of the engineering world. Suddenly reverting back to the ideals of the 99% seems hypocritical to our fellow 1%er brethren.

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.