Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 38H OPT for 845, so so?

I will repeat again.
On OT trafo you don't reach that type of answer. I mean only trafo not involved on a circuit
And please explain which type of signal you are using and the circuit; for a 2,7 volt on 8 ohm, 1 watt, with a ratio of 27 (in your case) you need 67,5 volt rms on primary. This is an acceptable start point

In addition a practical example of performance.
In photo a pair of monos built by me years ago, double p-p pf 300B
Then the response with and w/o FB (10 dB)
As you see w/o FB the answer is fine and wide
Then a CCL test, where I sent by AP some signal to reach the max power changin the load.
Normally with a poor configuration the curve tends to be horizontal because the quality of OT and the proper configuration.
In this case the magnetic circuit is big and the configuraion of OT is little bit different, single secondary at set at 5 ohm. (this is another aspect of the test set I use)
Lowering the load the power tend to increase ( with a good ss normally the curve is more vertical) and this is fine.
Of course the signal are continuos and impulsive.
Due to the huge Power bank the lines are similar; normally with poor capacitance ( less Joule) the curve are dissimilar, the impulsive is better, of course.

Walter

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.