Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 813 set schematic

Without a coupling cap and grid leak, you will blow up the cathode resistor you've selected.

The filament supply may or may not also explode, and it will depend enormously on the parts you've selected and the implementation. You'll also want a 10V/10A transformer for that duty. The 0.2 ohm resistor will drop a full volt, which you probably won't have to drop. You'll also want to make that 0.2 ohm resistor a 20W part. It will get very hot.

A Hammond 195P5 choke for each filament supply would be a nice idea. Drop the first cap in your supply and use the choke instead of the resistor. The AC current drawn through your filament transformer will drop by a ridiculous amount and my experience tells me that a bridge of very high current rated Schottky diodes feeding this choke, then a big cap after will be adequately quiet. A 12V/7A power transformer should get you really close to 10V in this situation, but I suggest modeling it in PSUD, then buy the parts and test them out on your bench.

You can do a lot better than the 125ESE...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 813 set schematic - Caucasian Blackplate 15:28:37 02/10/19 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.