Tube DIY Asylum

RE: wildest bread board yet.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Tube DIY Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

But it sounds great. The psu module in the middle started life out as the psu for my 91A 300B clone, then morphed into the 813 amp, and now it will live it's third life as the psu for my triode connected 6bq5 PP amp. It is a very nice psu and is dead quiet with this amp. I designed it with psud2. Even with my ear against the speaker there is absolutely no hum. I am sure the fact it is PP helps. I am so use to fighting hum on SET's it knocks me over to hear nothing at all.

Changed over to using 6 volts on the 12at7 filaments as suggested, works just fine. I have a 6A 6.3v winding on the power tranny so it can run the 4 6bq5's and the 2 12at7's and still have more than 2A left by my count. Thanks for the tip guys, it will make for a neater build.

In the bottom photo the other unit in the center is my everyday filament voltage supply for the bread board panels and the unit on the far left is the everyday psu for the bread board panels. Neither is connected to anything in this set up.

You can see the old front end module in the back ground of the top photo. I will either make a new top plate for this amp or cover the old holes with new pieces of plate and make new holes for the 6bq5 sockets. I really like to repurpose whenever I can, it saves a lot of work and material. Just got to order a few parts (resistors and sockets) and we will get going on the final build. Thanks again for all the help.

Edits: 08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17   08/05/17

Follow Ups: