Tube DIY Asylum

RE: Initial A/B test between PP and SE 6bq5 amps

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Tube DIY Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

The only possible clog in the drain is through the switch setup I put together, and I can't imagine what that would be. The output of each of two amps go to the switch and then one button determines which amp is feed to the speakers. Both amps stay on the whole time. There are 10 ohm/30 watt resistors across the output terminals of each amp to make sure they remain under a load during switching, but they are identical for each amp. I compare two amps at a time, and change out only one at a time so I have a reference point from the last test. Last but not least I have read in several different places on the internet of other people coming up with similar results.
Have you ever done a similar a/b test with two se amps with different output tubes when both amps were on full time and you could switch between them with a push of one button? So far no one has chimed in that they have tried this and got different results than I did. I wish someone would, because I think it is the only valid way to test them for similar sound.

Follow Ups: