Tube DIY Asylum

Maybe My Description Wasn't Clear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Tube DIY Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

To explain it another way . . . you should have only a single wire going to each of the top caps.

On the driver tubes, your schematic shows the wire to the top cap coming from a 15 henry choke. So, instead of running a second wire from the top cap back underneath to the 0.1 coupling cap, just connect the coupling cap to the output of the choke. In other words, connect the output of the choke to a lug on a terminal strip and then run two wires from the same lug (a Y) - one goes to the top cap, the other goes to the coupling cap.

On the output tubes, the wire from the OT goes to a lug on a terminal strip and then two wires go from the same lug (again a Y) - one goes to the top cap and the other goes to the 200 ohm resistor which is mounted on Pin 3 of the socket.

On a side note, I've never seen a plate connected directly to a choke as you do for your driver tube. Usually a choke is positioned between two caps and the plate voltage comes from the second cap. Perhaps others will comment about whether or not an additional cap should be added. Maybe it's OK, but not something I've ever seen.

Follow Ups: