Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: congrats!

Jim, thanks for the good wishes.

I want/need suggestions from knowledgeable people, like you, about chassis design.

The signal complement in each channel is a 12AT7, a Pete Millett MOSFET driver PCB plus heatsink, and 2X #46s.

The B+ PSU is a 5 Schottky diode 2 rails from 1 CT construct. The "tall" rail is low current and choke I/P filtered, which allows for hefty load resistances on the LTP plates that yield good net gain. An AnTek AS-2T230 toroid does lots of the energizing duties. Along with the toroid, I already have, on hand, Heyboer wound filament trafo and 20 H. choke I/P filter inductor. A 20 Kohm bleeder resistor is not especially wasteful of power. ;>)

Space for the PSU has to allow for 2 Octal relay sockets (Amperite and "standard") and a Loctal socket for a 14Y4. The 14Y4 delays LTP B- rail rise.

BTW, I plan on dragging the #46 grids sufficiently positive, at "idle", to dispose of the notching/crossover distortion issue. JMO, we should be stating near Class "B2" operating conditions. I'll gladly sacrifice a little O/P power for linearity's sake.

Eli D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.