Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Slew rate, TIM hogwwash

Gusser

As Otala has performed tests demonstrating that TIM in transistor amps is audible and that it can be detected down to a level of 0.003% by 6 out of the 68 listeners in his test group, then it would seem that there would need to be tests with a group of at least that size to seriously contradict Otala's findings. Neither you or I have been able to find any references to tests like this. Let's try it another way, can you supply the name of a transistor amp from the 80's with TIM specs lower than the 0.003% which was clearly audible to the 6 golden ears? Just what number would you buy as being below the level of audibility, and what amps have specs matching this? Feel free to add in any TIM specs for SET's too as we are on the Tube DIY Asylum

I quoted directly from sentences in both of the abstracts of the JAES papers I referenced, and I assumed that this would be obvious to anyone who has read the papers as you claim to have As to digging occult information out of these papers, well I would have to go down to the library, I would need help with the microfiche machine, and my knee is acting up causing me to drag my foot at times. Well you get the idea. If you were to write a rebuttal to the Otala papers to the JAES, then I would drop the Hogwash stuff, and you'll have to use your real name as you'll be subject to peer review. I've been to a number of JAES meetings and nobody wore a mask or used a pseudonym.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.