Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Has anyone else tried this experiment?

Careful now, you are starting to sound like my first post and you are subject to being stoned at any moment. Your first paragraph is what I have been saying all along.
I am not sure I agree with the second paragraph or not at this point. I used to think I did. I will have to do a lot more listening to be able to answer that one now.
The part that is pissing me off is so many people saying "oh no, the amps have to sound different". The fact is they don't have to, and there is a lot of evidence around if one bothers to look that says they don't. If there is some subliminal effect at work here that makes us like one type of amp better than another might explain a lot, but then it also would open up a lot of other questions as to why it does. As a closing thought, did you play the same music on both amps? That might have something to do with it too.
PS Hope you can make that sooner rather than later on scoping them out for differences. I would be curious to hear what you find out.

Edits: 07/10/17 07/10/17 07/10/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.