Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Dennis, you never answered the question.

Hey Tre you know Dennis talks in his own language which is foreign to most of us but he has been doing this for decades. You are much more informed than most of the number guys that are on the forum these days. That being said you might have to defend the SET crowd. If I remember correctly you run set with transistor sub.

All the guys that built cool stuff are not around anymore. Hell even the late grizmo would listen question listen again and scream tone is every thing. Now we have people who want to debate the same tired nonsense. At least Henry (when he was around) was good debater.

The one thing I find interesting is the numbers guys come on a DIY TUBE forum and want to tell me my musical background and abilities are all in my head and really I am tone deaf. I should just go to best buy and spend 600.00. Is there koolaide any better than Dennis's???

For the record 6sl7 belong in a phono stage and I do not even use them there. Well your thread turned into a SET is cult that PT Barnum would love to sell to. Well guess I will fire up my limited bandwidth amps with the crap distortion vinyl front end and pretend it sounds better than the state of the art 599.99 best buy wonder.

Enjoy the ride
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.