Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Dennis, you never answered the question.

You said,

"PP and/or balanced circuitry is commonly used to PARTIALLY SHORT OUT
A.C. interference that is Common to both sides of a signal--
hence, the "Common Mode" moniker. ***Of course, some artifacts
of music are also found in the Common Mode***, so they also get reduced/processed by a PP and/or balanced circuit."

With regard to the portion between the ***, would you please give a technical explanation of how this comes to be?

Just for clarity I will paraphrase what I think you said,

[Some parts of the music signal are Common Mode (found on each of the two wires, equal in amplitude and out of phase with regard to each other) and in the case of a unbalanced single ended circuit or connection, those two wires would be.....the one signal wire and the one ground wire).

So when that unbalanced signal is subjected to a balanced circuit or a balanced connection the portion of the music that was Common Mode gets PARTIALLY SHORTED OUT.]

Please explain.

Thank you.


Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 07/01/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Dennis, you never answered the question. - Tre' 11:48:14 07/01/17 (74)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.