Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

update 2

Maybe one of these days I will learn to quit while I am ahead. It may not have been as pretty, but it was working fine and had no hum at all. Since making the changes it now has low level hum and the filaments of the 813's are not glowing evenly. I think they were before. Now the right side is brighter.
I had to compromise on the changes because it would have been just too much disassembly required to make all the changes that would put all the wires going to the plate connections on top of the 813 tubes inside the chassis. Instead I moved the resistors to the tube sockets and tied the rest of the wires together at the plate cap with no resistor.
It looks better now, but I now have low hum and the 813 filaments on the right channel are glowing brighter than those on the left channel. They were all about even before I think. Anyway, it still sounds good, but now I will have to flush out the gremlins. Bah, humbug!

Edits: 06/01/17 06/01/17 06/01/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.