In Reply to: RE: 6AF4A Useful? posted by Tre' on May 18, 2017 at 09:09:47:
I don't know. As gm increases, I increase the stopper value. My seat of the pants value for the low gm 'X7 triode is 100 ohms. OTOH, the high gm 5842 has 4 grid connections and I advocate 4X 10 Kohm parts arranged in a "cone" on that tube.
A tiny ferrite bead cemented around, but not touching, the grid's socket lug(s) is another anti-parasitic oscillation method. I like that idea on the "upper" triode of a cascode, as that grid should be at AC ground.
Eli D.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6AF4A Useful? - Triode_Kingdom 13:19:38 05/17/17 (8)
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - Eli Duttman 13:36:29 05/17/17 (7)
- RE: Plus they are cheap - Johno 16:39:59 05/17/17 (0)
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - PakProtector 16:24:45 05/17/17 (5)
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - Eli Duttman 18:03:03 05/17/17 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - Eli Duttman 11:59:36 05/18/17 (0)