In Reply to: RE: 6AF4A Useful? posted by PakProtector on May 17, 2017 at 16:24:45:
The 5842 and 6C45П (6s45p) come annoying close to oscillating, while sitting in the cardboard box. FWIW, I say take no prisoners. A 10 Kohm CC stopper on each grid connection, a 100 Ω CF stopper on the plate connection, and ferrite beads on the heater wires is (IMO) not overkill.
The "in box oscillators" were designed for grounded grid RF duty. Setting them up common cathode requires stringent precautions. I've seen documentation with RF chokes in the heater wiring, when set up grounded grid.
Eli D.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6AF4A Useful? - Triode_Kingdom 13:19:38 05/17/17 (8)
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - Eli Duttman 13:36:29 05/17/17 (7)
- RE: Plus they are cheap - Johno 16:39:59 05/17/17 (0)
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - PakProtector 16:24:45 05/17/17 (5)
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - Eli Duttman 18:03:03 05/17/17 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: 6AF4A Useful? - Eli Duttman 18:03:03 05/17/17 (4)