Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

That's Exactly What I Did

"put a large valued resistor in series with the choke and a scope across the choke and sweep frequency for the highest value of AC across the choke."

I appreciate your input, but I described this exact process in my first reply above to PakProtector:

"I searched for resonance by driving the chokes with signal through a 100K resistor. Monitoring with a scope, there's a very slight dip in amplitude just above 20kHz using that method. I assume that's the self-resonant frequency. Driving the chokes with 10K ohms, the dip is almost impossible to detect, and it disappears with a 1K source. FWIW, I also measured inductance and resonance with 30 mADC flowing, and there was no noticeable difference. Based on all this, I expect these chokes to provide a frequency response of at least 10Hz to 50kHz (+/- 0.5 dB) in cathode follower service."

Funny, I never thought this would devolve into a discussion about the characteristics of the chokes. If anything, I expected at least a few inmates to tell me how awful a CF will sound. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.