Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

How Close is Too Close? (Physical Layout / Spacing Question)

I'm thinking about picking up a couple of adapters (link below) to allow for the substitution of 2 X 2C22 for 6SN7. My stereo preamp and stereo power amp each take one 6SN7 per channel. The issue is that these adapters take up a bit of chassis real estate, and they'll leave the various tubes running quite close to each other. Specifically:

In the case of the preamp, a 2C22 will run quite close to a 76; and in the case of the power amp, a 2C22 will run quite close to a 5Z3. (I say "quite close" because it's all a little difficult to picture in advance, and I don't have perfect measurements. I know that the tubes won't touch, but there won't be, say, any more than the width of a finger between them either. That said, the adapters appear to be somewhat "rotatable," so maybe the situation will be better than I'm picturing it.)

So, how close is too close?

THANKS!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - How Close is Too Close? (Physical Layout / Spacing Question) - Jim Hodgson 08:01:57 04/30/17 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.