Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Cornell Dubilier Caps

Need some advice. Had the bottom plate off my Art Jota HC amp yesterday, and noticed that one of the electrolytics has a bulge in the top of it. Not leaking, but that bulge concerns me as it's rather pronounced. This amp is nearing 18 years of age, so it's probably time to look at replacing all the electrolytics anyway. The one in question is a Cornell Dubilier 100uF 400v with radial solder leads (12 of 'em in total), presumably an aluminum 'lytic. Can't seem to find identical replacements online, other than Mouser that has a minimum 2k order quantity and 17 week lead time for that particular cap. Any suggestions for a good replacement? There's reasonable room to the sides and top of each cap so that matching the Dubilier's dimensions exactly isn't critical. I don't care so much about cost (within reason), but I am concerned about changing the sound of the amp. I love it the way it is, and don't want to change anything. Unfortunately, Art Audio is no longer around, so getting their input isn't an option. Any suggestions?

Edits: 04/16/17 04/16/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Cornell Dubilier Caps - bcowen 05:48:17 04/16/17 (11)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.