Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Film Capacitor is a must for Regulator??

The film cap is the 0.1uf off of the VR tubes. If you can find an electrolytic with +400 volt rating with no more than 0.1uf you could use it. I have never seen an electrolytic with that specification. All other power supply caps are strictly personal preference.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.