Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Not quite sure what you mean...

assume a 120+120:12+12 transformer.

also assuming 4 discrete windings it can be configured as a 120+12:120+12 which is a 132:132. Since 132:132 is 1:1 it can be used as a 120:120 and placing 120V on a winding that can handle 132V winding will result in a ruduced flux on the core which means less radiated magnetic field. Getting even more industrious you could also use a single 120V winding as the primary and use the other three windings in series for the secondary to get a 120:144 transformer if you need a bit more voltage and then placing 120V across the 144 winding will get you about 100V.

For the flat pack transformers I mentioned each winding is on its own discrete bobbin section so there will be isolation from each section to another and this design also limits the capacitive coupling transmitted between windings. Just as this design would make a really crappy output transformer it does nicely as a limited bandwidth power transformer.

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.