In Reply to: RE: 6SN7 circuit posted by Triode_Kingdom on March 27, 2017 at 09:27:12:
I like the 6W6 tube myself and think it'd be an excellent choice. As a matter of fact I was the one that suggested its use (along with the 6V6) in a preamp thread of yours a few months back, if I remember correctly.
When I was looking into the BV preamp, I thought that instead of using around 15dB of local NFB at the output section only, it would be a good idea to cascade two anode followers each having around 10-12 db of local feedback. I ran some numbers at the time but couldn't get the input impedance of the first stage high enough to my liking and didn't want to transfer the burden of driving the preamp to the source ahead of it.
I didn't spent too much time on that exercise, but now that I think about it, maybe a high mu tube such as the 6SL7 at the input position, configured as an anode follower with a gain of ~2 driving another AF, say a 6w6, wouldn't be a bad idea. But then you're moving completely away from the 6SN7 which you probably don't want to do.
Anyway, thanks for reminding me of this circuit, I now might take another look at it.
Edits: 03/27/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6SN7 circuit - Tube747 04:33:16 03/25/17 (15)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Eli Duttman 12:38:19 03/25/17 (2)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Tube747 23:54:30 03/26/17 (1)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Eli Duttman 01:36:07 03/27/17 (0)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Chip647 08:35:17 03/25/17 (11)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Tube747 09:19:55 03/25/17 (10)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Chip647 11:52:51 03/25/17 (9)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Tube747 12:45:52 03/25/17 (8)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - Triode_Kingdom 21:59:58 03/25/17 (7)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit ... can you post the schematic? - deathtube 667 06:02:40 03/28/17 (2)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit ... can you post the schematic? - Triode_Kingdom 20:27:26 03/29/17 (1)
- RE: thanks TK ... - deathtube 667 05:32:37 03/31/17 (0)
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - sideliner 07:19:11 03/27/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: 6SN7 circuit - sideliner 10:23:57 03/27/17 (0)