Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Funny you should mention Sal Marantz

Mr. Marantz was not a "trained" engineer. He was interested in good sound and he enjoyed tinkering.

He hired engineers to help him follow his audio muse.

Those products were outstanding in their time but to continue to think they are some kind of benchmark is absurd.

If that is the case the engineers have not done much in the last forty years. Have they?

Mr. Fraker and Mr. Marantz have much in common.

Mr. Fraker does not expect the engineers of mass market audio equipment manufacturers to pay attention to what he has found. They are going after very different things. I bet those concerned with good sound pay plenty of attention to Mr. Fraker.

A lazy man cannot make a great amplifier. I have not heard Mr. Fraker's amps but would love to. But I do know it takes many trials to come up with something truly fine. Much easier to get a device to spit out good numbers and consider it done than to have to consider every aspect of an amplifier from components to layout WITH CONCERN for sonic quality first and foremost.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.