Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Huh?

"Have you ever built a full wave diode vs full wave tube rectifier. Maybe choke vs cap input. Maybe even some damper diode tubes. Then after did you put them in front of the amp to see if you could hear a difference???? "

Of course I have! What tube hobbyist hasn't? In addition to that I have built many regulated HV power supplies. Even a tube based design. And yes I heard a difference, just as the theory predicted and prior art has proven. I found the theory dead on.

Dennis has demonstrated a very weak understanding of electronic principles here. That is a fact plain and simple. It has been debunked by numerous professionals here over the years. You wan't to give him the benefit of the doubt yet you lack that same technical understanding yourself.

And I though I made it clear I build tube stuff as a hobby. I don't listen to Best buy gear. But I also don't look down on those who do because their stuff isn't junk either.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.