Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Have you figured out your scope yet?

I said right off the bat that I have no data to back up my claim. But neither do you! I'm also sure there are musicians that do use SET amps and other very expensive gear. But what's the sampling? Neither of us know.

One on post you say audio engineering was what? only 89% good. The other 11% may someday uphold the claims of Dennis?

Yet in another post, you don't even know the basics of operating an oscilloscope or worse yet deciphering the what waveform displays!

So what qualifies you to make any statement of how advanced audio engineering has evolved.

I have no doubt that great musicians can "hear and feel" in music. But you seem to have no idea, or you refuse to acknowledge the performance levels of commodity stereo gear these days.

Tubes for me are an interesting hobby. But I am not so blind to say my tube stereo music amp is superior to a modern quality SS amp. I do it for the nostalgia and to explore a forgotten design art.

As for your scope thread I gave you two important things to watch out for in your measurements. Ground loops, especially with a phono preamp. And the difference between voltage measurement (easy) and current (difficult). You engaged with some of the other tips but seem to ignore mine. Fine. You don't like me and don't want to hear what I say.

But be assured your personal opinion of me does not change the laws of physics. Perhaps this is why you have such a skeptical view of test and measurement. You have no idea of how to do it properly, you get poor and conflicting results, so you write it off and scientific junk. Perhaps if you learned the science and engineering behind these measurements you would better understand how to use them properly.




Edits: 03/22/17 03/22/17 03/22/17 03/22/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  


Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.