Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: What an astonishingly insightful (and iconoclastic) assessment of some formerly revered designs....

Last time I checked Dennis is using a indirect heated high mu triode as a driver. So where you got DHT and musicians like set's is a mystery???

There is really nothing new here it is a direct couple 2 stage amp. This is probably not a bad thing at all, not a lot of parts to go through. But you had better like horn speakers. Remember no 845's for some horse power. 2a3 only and only a certain type.

If you have not been here long you will realize the most action you can get is when the math guys go after the subjective guys. The sad part is both sides jump on the extreme so no one learns anything.

In the old days we had some really smart math guys who would build and listen and report back what they heard. Now we seem to have absolute camps on both side trying to out alpha dog each other.

You might want to ask why the absolute camps on both sides way they would use a digital front end. Well we kind of know the math sides answer is but waiting for the guys in the other camp.

So to throw my 2 cents in!!! DHT's good vinyl good interstage transformers good powered coated steel chassis who cares and it reads great on a machine who cares. How that for the truth in bad English. So now you can attack my ability to write and conclude I am tone deaf.

Well I will let you guys back to the earth is flat vs 2 inches of wire debate. It is time for me to listen to my mathematical challenged system. Maybe I should powder coat my turntable platter???

Enjoy the ride
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.