Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 65uF capacitor?

This is a great suggestion... and something I have not done. Taking a quick a look through the RCA Radiotron Manual (version 10), pages 1-21 look like a great introduction. I will be reading this as a refresher over the next few days.

I find endeavours more rewarding when I have some knowledge of the fundamentals/ basics. From that point I can build, question, experiment... and can develop understanding.

My tube learning was messy and my knowledge remains gappy. When I started seriously considering building amps as a hobby, I read the NEETS training manual (just the first few modules related to electricity, not the tube part) then goodness knows how many posts and tube-specific articles of various types... then attempted an early edition of Morgan Jones, which was a challenge. I learned how to calculate various types of circuits (and even designed some) and worked through converting schemas to layouts... all before building/modifying my first amp. I'm certainly not suggesting other beginners take this approach(!) - there are more efficient ways.

I still have so much to learn, but time is limited and becoming more so.

"Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems to characterise our age." Albert Einstein

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.