Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

lundahl par-pp output transformers your thoughts?

It has been brought to my attention that my large PP output transformers are not good enough(not enough inductance) for parallel feed SE use

so I am looking for alternatives to use and I looked at the lundahl PP outputs that can be ordered for parallel feed use with no gap, what seems weird from what i have seen and others have told that PP outputs DONT have a gap! ok so then why would i need a so called correct output for parallel feed then? both are the exact same thing?!

anyways the lundahl parallel feed specifications are like 5 cycles to 70kc -3db points this is excellent

now with all this in mind what would be the correct lundahl transformer load for par gm70?

I would like to be able to experiment with loading and the lundahl transformers this is possible. In my idea I would like 6-9-11k for the primary or close

What are my options?
are there other good transformer company options?

Thanks for your help

Lawrence

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - lundahl par-pp output transformers your thoughts? - used-hifi 10:08:08 01/21/17 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.