Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: DIY Audio for builds

I can't be sure of your assertion, but I dislike the general paradigm in play and DIYaudio. I remember Kofi - funny dude - and his builds, well questions, not so many pix... but that was rare.

Generally I have found DIYaudio to be measurement and technically-driven - an internal validity focus - often trivialising the importance of emotional connection with music (external validity). There are some exceptions that prove the rule, but they are rare. Each to their own, but not my scene... Before you ask, I did invest some time over there and I learned a lot from Thorsten and a few others, but I don't care for it now and moved on. So did they.

I'd like this community post their builds: their purpose, guiding principles, desired outcomes and results in preference to enduring the DIYaudio Tube forum. I am not suggesting it become insular though!.. just clear with what it is trying to achieve (and tolerate).

I think the members of this forum can make it great(er) again.

I need to go to bef... er, bed.

Cheers,

"Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems to characterise our age." Albert Einstein

Edits: 01/20/17 01/20/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.