Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: an interesting journey

Are you expressing about mains noise in General? I am talking about the main noise rejection in the SMPS and Lighting transformers and in their specific applications for use in Tube filament supply.

Generally speaking, the main noise may or may not be the only problem in any audio system. AFAIK, an edginess is not the symptom of the mains noise but rather the whole amplifier / preamp and all other components.

It's hard to mention the effects of the mains noise in terms of the sonic in general. You can only compare when the mains is really clean and quiet and when it's noisy and the comparison of an overall effects of the noise in the AC line. This will lead us into never ending loop of the noise and the reciprocal effects in the audio system.

There are all kinds of induced noise in the SET system and the associated gears when used with highly efficient speakers. There is no easy one solution to address all. I for one just want to get my system as noise free as possible.
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.