Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Good point

My pleasure! IIRC, you had once posted some of your experiences with resistors on a similar amp on A'gon... Are you still running without a cathode bypass on the 6C6?

I will be directly coupling the 6C6 to a 2A3 run at 42mA and 250V. Now, before people think that I am blindly following the Jeff and Dennis Rx:

> The operating point has been reported as sounding pretty decent by a few people.
> I think Emission Labs ~mu 4 tubes might sound really nice with a ~1:6 mA:V ratio. This is something that Thorsten recommends with 300Bs, but it might apply to 2A3s and maybe even EML 45s.
> I am loading the 2A3 with 4K2, not 2k5. I have two beautiful 5.9Kg custom nanocrystalline beasts sitting on my shelf...
> The cathode bypass will be sized for a ~8Hz -3dB point, not 20 - 25Hz (which could work well in the right amp, but I am not experimenting with that for this build).

I will likely post the final build here, but would be happy to keep you updates as to my failures and successes as the build progresses.

Cheers,

"Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems to characterise our age." Albert Einstein

Edits: 07/10/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.