Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

my woolley thinking is all I've got

Because of basic deficiencies, I often use metaphors, I try to use good ones, sometimes they communicate well, other times not, and sometimes it's not my fault they are misunderstood, it's the other party's lack of imagination. It's always a crap shoot. I never intend to be vague or "woolley".

I am addressing a type of discussion here on this forum that seems to prevail and dominate the majority of it, therefore supporting my use of the term "primary use", while simultaneously not pretending or inferring whatsoever that it is the "only" use. Defined more, yes, it does seem to be an arena for semi-not-so-polite fights that are more about using legalistic tactics to take someone down than constructive efforts. If my use of the word "legalistic" can't be understood here, then I will suggest it's a lack of imagination. In almost every case, this has a high ego content, not a modest one. It's not pretty. Objectivity is often claimed, and I am saying, "forget it".

I know and admit that I have never formally studied classical logic, and therefore I couldn't possibly be super good at it, so, I intend to work on that. I still have good perception, and I'm always working on better communication of it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.