Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: "Objectivity is a subjective construction"

Says it all. I hope this sinks in to all you egos who primarily use this forum to practice your legalistic argumentative "skills". The topic is quite obviously a secondary inconvenience, or at best, an arena with an audience.>>

This is one of the most messy concatenations of assumptions I've come across for a while.

- "Says it all" - really? Does anything say it all?
- "Egos"? what kind of assumption is this? Humans have egos, objectivity, subjectivity and various other states they vacillate between. Freud deconstructed the Self into three ego states, and later so did Eric Berne (Games People Play etc). How do you mean some people are "egos" and some are not?
- "Primarily use this forum"? People use forums for all kinds of reasons. You've jumped to the conclusion that some of us have a "primary" motivation - why?
- "Legalistic argumentative skills"? Why legalistic? What's that got to do with anything? How do you know posters who debate points are "practising skills" when they post?
- "The topic is obviously a secondary inconvenience"..... blah blah, do I even need to deconstruct this?

Somewhere in all this woolly thinking there may be a point, but what it is who knows.

Frankly I think reading some elementary formal logic would be a really good idea. I'm sure you are well intentioned, but if you're going to debate issues, get some hold on how to debate!

You obviously have a great sense of humour, and I just think you could express things better if you took a bit more care.

Andy

Edits: 09/04/12 09/04/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.