Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: "Objectivity is a subjective construction"

GSH,

Thanks for thinking!

I'm glad somebody reads this stuff.

This is absolutely the correct forum for this discussion because DIYers straddle the technical electronics world and the universe of musical aesthetic experience that knows neither law nor necessity.

Of all audio practitioners, we are best positioned to explore the tenuous and fragile connections between the two realms of practice, art and science, that come together in making machines for musical enjoyment.

I have long been a proponent of DIY because aside from being fun, educational, and hopefully good sound, it is profoundly liberating and a path to self-knowledge...if you do it right.

I have found it important to recognize that humans created "science" and, like music, it is a cultural, hence subjective, institution, shifty and contingent as all of the rest of them.

This is not bad. It's great! Human creativity in action. We should all be proud as a species for what we have done....but let's keep it in proper perspective!

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.