Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Thanks, TK and Tre'

Dennis Thanks for your response !

Just want to say next :

Ben there try that , many years ago I experimented with relative small motorcycle lead acid batteries ( 5-9 AH ) to power both tube or SS Amps .
In both cases Sound reproduction from this Amps was Amazingly good !!!
Never boring , with always present that pure hyper sound quality , regardless which sort of music program was played , Always was the same , just Amazing good sound quality !
For example , I was able to hear any Sound shortcomings which com from the amps , and than was able in the same time to precise locate the problem and to fix that .
Sound was not strange wail covered like in case when I use the same amps powered over associated main AC PSU . Difference was huge !
Any way , is good to experience that pure battery PSU sound ! , since after that nothing was the same when I DIY PSU for my Audio stuff , now I have some very strong PSU Reference point , same as you !

BTW , I never experienced any acid leakage problem or something like that with this small lead battery PSU configuration , one of my friend use this configuration even today , for years backwards , his lead batteries holds in average for 5-7 years .

Best Regards !

Edits: 08/23/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.