Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: What's all this "modern" power supply?

LinuxGuru,

You don't "have it" yet, you do not yet understand.

You state the following :

" Additionally, it is so poorly engineered so is suitable only for low power SET with nearly constant current draw."

That is incorrect. Henry Pasternak has shown us that the Flywheel has superior voltage regulation, he measured it and showed this to us ALL on this Forum. Did you miss his posts, or, do you want to forget about that ??

Also, LinuxGuru, PSUD 2 step tests myself, and others regularly perform (Hasquin, Swenson, Moore, etc.) demonstrate clearly that the modern supply can have superior regulation, lower measured Z, than can be obtained with any traditional L-Critical configuration.

"Dynamic regulation".... seems to apply MORE to AB1 than to Class A1, doesn't it Linux ??

It is hard to obtain a Z lower than 400 Ohms with a traditional L-Critical supply, whereas a modern supply can obtain a Z of 100 Ohms or less. Tell us LinuxGuru, which Z will drive the current-hungry Finals stage better, 400 Ohms or 100 Ohms ???

You don't quite understand this, in your original post. Why don't you just send me your email address, so you can read JLH and Swenson, and we can end this silly stuff.

Regards,

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 08/21/12 08/21/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What's all this "modern" power supply? - drlowmu 07:29:33 08/21/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.