Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

"The only way" is a rocky path

Jeff,

I think there are a couple of points you are missing here.

1) You frequently post about various methods in a way which suggests they are the only way of doing things properly. For a start, many of us build in different ways for different reasons, and we may not like to be put in the wrong. More significantly, there are a number of highly trained and skilled engineers here who will, understandably, refer to generic electronic theory and practice when what you say contradicts this.

2) You put forward the view that your system and that of Dennis sounds better than other people's systems. Not only can this rarely be proved - I mean, our systems span the world and are never going to be assembled in one room - but again, people who invest a lot of time and passion in their systems do not want to be told they're wrong.

Can I suggest that your response to this thread maintains your isolation - you're just re-stating that you are right. This clearly hasn't worked in the past and doesn't look likely to work in the future.

If you could shift to a position of "this is one way of doing it, for better or for worse" rather than "this is the only way" or "this is the best way" then I think a lot of the friction would go away.

It's your choice here.

Andy

Edits: 08/19/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.