Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Too much disagreement about Kool Aid flavors

At first I tried to reason with Dennis, thinking he was confused.

Now that I know he is delusional, the only reason I post is to counter the misinformation he spews.

Hopefully when he dodges the straight up technical questions I ask, the 'new to the hobby guys' won't buy into his BS and become confused themselves.

That's really the only reason. I gave up on convincing Dennis of anything long ago.

I know it gets old but can his misinformation go unchallenged?

Someone ask if I were an equal opportunity gadfly. I don't see myself as a gadfly but I am equal opportunity.

Just the other day I called TubeDepot because of the misinformation on their JJ 2a3-40 webpage.

It said something like "40 watts of Class A power" leaving the reader with the impression that one could get 40 watts of output power to the speaker.

The simple truth is, the tube is rated at 40 watts max. plate dissipation. That's very different than 40 watts of output power.

The person I spoke with was very nice. He understood what I was saying and corrected the website that very day.

I don't believe misinformation should go unchallenged. That only causes confusion.

I vote yes. Split Asylums would be fine with me. Or Dennis could just spend the money and get his own sponsored asylum and leave the other asylums alone.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 08/19/12 08/19/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Too much disagreement about Kool Aid flavors - Tre' 11:52:45 08/19/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.