Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Who selects the musical passages?

For your information, we do not use any form of tone controls.

We usually have both Blu-Ray player and computer to play music. In an earlier post, I just explained to you that the Berkeley converter is directly driven by a Pioneer Elite Series Blu-Ray player. Do you think there are tone controls in the Blu-Ray player?

Our computers are run wide-open-- NO reprogramming or tone control-- or signal attenuation is applied in the computer because NONE of these things can do anything but seriously degrade performance.

I do not believe in, or build synergistic systems. My philosophy has been stated on this forum countless times-- EACH PART or component is allowed to do what IT does-- with NO control on its behavior of ANY kind.

EACH part of any good system MUST be neutral. If you skew ANY component in a system to compensate for anything else, you've created a monster that will only play "certain tunes" well. That is the DIRECT OPPOSITE of what we do.

Most owners of our amps have their own signal sources and speakers, until they find out that those are better also. Most people gradually build-up their systems-- they get better with time.

You're off the hook anyhow. My setup and security guys have read all of your posts-- and have decided they want no part of it. You're EXCUSED.

---Dennis---

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Who selects the musical passages? - tube wrangler 00:15:29 08/13/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.