Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

What numbers ?

LMAO.

You bet your sweet bubbkies I used my ears !! "Deeply flawed"... right.

I also use my imagination and a whole LOT of intuition in selecting parts configurations, and I LISTEN to what they do and how they effect the music' presentation.

All the truly great creative audio people do this, and we are ALL endowed to do this, if self-motivated. How do we assign "numbers" to humans' imagination, enthusiasm, aesthetic concern? Edison employed high school kids who were NOT trained, so they would use their imaginations.

Can something designed by ear sound good? If so, the numbered method may not be needed. Lets paint by numbers Gusser, Monet did so, look at Waterlillies at Giverny.

And the biggest question of all, is, what numbers?? What is the BEST piece of audio test gear to generate those numbers? Is it a o'sillyscope of high bandwidth, how high is needed? You, as a college trained EE, does not have this answer at all, and you will go to your grave not really knowing, although, most sadly, you THINK you may know.

Gee, maybe the numbers need to come from my spectrum analyzer, and not my Tek scope!!

Or, is the best audio test gear our human brain and our ears which has been undergoing development over millions of years?

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Number that, my friend !!

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.