Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Dan, Can you measure two DCRs for us please??

Dan,

Hammond now makes a new set of power transformers, in their 300 series, that would be very attractive, I am thinking more-so than what you suggest above and use. They have continuous ratings of around 350 to 500 mA.

As I recall, the DCR on your power transformer is around 45 ohms across (I forgot which, likely it is HALF,.... may be entire) secondary. Since 2010, Hammond makes these new E-I core PTs, in 50 VAC increments (on center tapped PTs) at 40 Ohms and 26 Ohms across their ENTIRE center tapped secondary !! Furthermore, their primary winding DCRs are very low, usually about one ohm, which is excellent.

(For improved SE audio use, one only needs to replace the Hammond's lead outs with double TCSS Kimber wire, to get a decent result in the single ended world.)

Dan, would you please measure the DCRs of your BFT-1 primary and secondary HV windings, and post it up here for us to see and know??

That would be exceptionally helpful. This data was not provided to end users. Thanks Dan.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Dan, Can you measure two DCRs for us please?? - drlowmu 06:34:45 06/20/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.