Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Is this an optimal PS for my first build?

I'm still an amature at this and I can't figure out PSUD-2, so I'm wondering if this is an optimal PS for my amp. I do understand that you are basically listening to your power supply. I was taught this around eight years ago on this forum, so I see it is absolutely necessary to have a good foundation to build upon.

I've been messing around with rebuilding vintage amps for a few years and I would like to finally try something new. This will be my first amp build and I don't like wasting money if it is not the most efficient, fastest, and best sounding PS I can build (on a budget) without any PS buzz or hum. I have very sensitive ears and love to hear the details, but can't stand any harshness. The recommended PT is a Triode Electronics PA060. The B+ & B+1 are both 330 VDC. I won't be using any lytics. They'll be either polys and/or oilers.

I've included the PS schematic. I don't doubt that the design sounds good, but I'd like for my first to be exceptional. This may be as good as it gets.....I don't know. Help a first-timer be a success at his first build. Thanks!

Larry D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Is this an optimal PS for my first build? - lektrik 22:39:52 06/19/12 (36)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.