Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: in your own words...

Hiah RC,

You wrote a good post and have good insight.

My claims about Dennis' amps come strictly from ME listening to them, in a variety of venues, and at about five RMAF shows. It took me that long, about five years, to figure out what they are really capable of doing.

The mention of the Six Moons Best Sound of Show review was something I mentioned for the readers of this Forum to easily hang on to, and that review does not mean that much to me at all. What I HEAR, over a variety of systems, is all I personally care about and trust.

Besides the Six Moons review, in Terry Cain's 2005 RMAF room there was a shoot-out of amps, after hours, and a Serious Stereo 2A3 amp, with only eight hours on it, got a standing ovation led by Joe Fratus, when A-Bed. Moray James was there. I wasn't. It is just a tidbit, and as I said, I can only judge the amp on what I have heard over five years.

I have many decades-long audio friends who build amps and who I respect, and I do not think my amps, or my friend's amps, will compare to Dennis' total approach.

As to the use of Modern Power Supplies, do as you like. Besides me using them, I am in the company of John L. Hasquin, John Swenson, and Larry D. Moore, and these persons, have embraced the approach fully - as is evident in reviewing the Hasquin-Swenson Forum compilations.

It is true, except for one nice Canadian, the people who use Dennis' amps do not usually post here, and would tend to avoid the bickering of this Forum. Privately, ask Thom Mackris and his wife (Galibier Turntables) who own the amps, or Dave Davenport (Raleigh Audio) who visited Dennis at RMAF 2011, what they hear with Dennis' amps, and you will see the King absolutely has his clothes on !

Cheers,

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 05/07/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.