Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: in your own words...

Henry is starting to sound needy. That said, I generally agree with Stephen R below.

Attention does not equal interest. The mindcrime (was that in Henry's post or your words?) is not in the eperimentation, but the preaching.

Jeff is a passionate character and I applaud his commitment to the development of LSES and encouraging others to experiment with it. The 'only one true path' type mantra is a fallacy and delusional. Religion. I was going to try it but frankly, the shear lameness and inappropriate promotion ad nauseam has turned me off; I am looking elsewhere and think I have found a 'better', for me, solution.

Jeff's defence of the particualr SET topology, that Dennis' gear was awarded Best Sound of RMAF by a few people (a person?) back in the day means little to me. It certainly does not strengthen Jeff's arguments regarding the True Path; it simply means it is likely one of many valid approaches. Others have stated Dennis' systems to sound rough and honky; yet others claim his amps sit at a sonic quality level as Welborne's DRD amps. Jeff's response is that they were not heard on a good day, the sound improved the next day, not happy with the room and other excuses... that the owners of Dennis equipment hold a higher level of credibility than us and they deign not to communicate the musical ecstasy they experience through his gear - they don't associated with the great unwashed. Unsubstantiated Tosh. Different contexts, different folks, different strokes.

I think Dennis' amps are likely very nice - I'd love to hear them one day - and would suit a certain type listener, as does most interesting audio gear. Ditto the LSES approach. Personally, despite the interesting claims and engineering, Dennis is likely a nice guy that believes very much in what he is doing. Jeff is likely doing him a disservice by spruiking his wares and using said wares to spruik his own religion; more a hindrance than help.

Cheers.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

Edits: 05/06/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.