Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Henry...suggest you discontinue arguing with Stu, and...

1) please look again at why I said it the way I did Henry...the history is what I am referring to, and your statements here are typical of the Church...it is true because I said it was , etc....
The Flatland analogy applies because you can show a Flatlander a high mountain, and all perspective lines curved (i.e. an actual experience), and demonstrate a FlatLand having noncurving perspective lines, and he is still going to deliver some positional nonsense....i.e. Dahlquist/imaging, non believing engineers and CD/Nyquist nonsense...I am intentionally eroding that stance of any authority Henry...It has been blown already ...ok

You have to recover here by having some fresh willingness in tone...this is the middle ground, which I don't hear so much...ok

2)Yes the Church hates it of course when I say No...I mean NO Henry because of the nonsense...the Audience that has some problem, even with their Tweekers assigning causes inaccurately, is now burden with showing the proof.

You need to grasp this: this is what Galileo incorrectly died for...why should he have to prove the truth to the Church Henry??? This is a problem...as far as I am concerned listening is now way closer, and the denial problem on the engineering side so great that the situation needs to be reversed...if fact authority incorrectly assumed is the problem here....

3) Thank you Henry, I agree here, and am actually just doing my job.

4) and I agree...and I have done the work here...examining one's own perceptions is the primary work...measurements help,but actual insight into the colorations of one's own senses is the most important...and Henry how do you do this...by actual listening and examing one's listening directly, seeing, and actually examing one's seeing (I am a photographer also, the same colorations come into play, just different),
touch, smell, etc...actually I have done a lot of research. I also have no problem with double blind listening ...it tells a lot, particularily with "educated, able to make distinction, listeners"

5) and again, I have no problem I wasn't criticizing: I agree directly, and was saying arrogantly yes (no further use), and move on: because what Dave Slagle, and Tim Fox have to say might get closer to what the distinction is, and real measurements might offer... and Stu is fine and correct about what he is hearing...I actually appreciate his comments..

ok...I am busy and on vacation...so please you and Gusser rip me a new one while I am gone...

thanks
-3db

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Henry...suggest you discontinue arguing with Stu, and... - Minussss3db 08:16:54 05/04/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.