Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Are you stating

that you are the BIBLE?

I have quoted others as hearing original effect. I merely pursued it a bit longer after learning of it from them. I have clearly stated what cables I have used, and where I sourced them from ( Belden and Daletech). Daletech, interestingly, manufacturers what they call a LOW LEAKAGE power cable, specifically engineered for medical use. They have since been swallowed up by a larger conglomerate and is no longer as accommodating of smaller orders.

I have postulated a cause, I have stated what I hear. To further illustrate, I have unbraided Kimber's Silver Streak and replaced the two black copper leads with clear TCSS strands, rebraiding the IC as it was. The difference in comparison to a stock model is not small. I once sponsored an audio club and everyone in the club could easily hear the difference, BTW.

I have experimented with a large variety of cables ( BELDEN as well as Daletech, as well as smaller wire companies willing to accommodate my requests), attempting to insure that the manufacture of the various wires were to the identical manufacturing standards in order to make a more meaningful comparison.

I see no more reason to have to prove to you anything. You can accept the basis of my premise, or call me deaf (and Stan Warren, too, as a matter of fact).

Yes, I am not interested in proving anything to you. I hove done extensive experimentation to come to the conclusion I have. As I have said, you can easily check what I have written by changing one input wire on your preamp. Why should I buy the necessary instrumentation to sooth your ego?

I have absolutely no economic interest in making my statement. I simply posted it to help others in their search for better sound. I even give credit to others for noticing the effect. I got no monetary compensation from any of the companies I shared this information with. Since I am not asking any compensation from you, I owe you nothing.

Stu

Edits: 05/02/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.