Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: The Free Energy Motor, Laws of Physics & Vanity

I have also built and analyzed the lifter. Actually the thruster but it's the same principle.

The operating mechanism is based on one electrode having a sharp radius (the wire) and another electrode having a flat surface disposed axially such that when a voltage gradient close to the breakdown voltage is applied between the 2 electrodes, ions are created by the sharp electrode (wire) and accelerated in a nearly laminar stream by the flat electrode. The ions of the opposite polarity are at the same time repelled, but in a wide pattern. The net vector produces thrust and the reaction force propels the electrode set in the direction toward the wire (regardless of polarity).

There is a unit on the market which uses this principle to circulate and clean the air at the same time. I think it's called the ion breeze or ionic breeze. There is a patent I came across while doing the research which describes the mechanism and some optimizations e.g. AC voltage to maximize the ratio of circulation to ion production and reduce ozone production.

It seems like anti-gravity or magic until you work it through.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.