Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Thanks Luca as always a very coherent response...

Mr. Gusser, reading Luca's posts would be a good experience...he very competently models vacuum tube circuit response spectra...makes valid design decisions on this basis, and then measures the end physical circuit response spectra and carefully compares to the model...

Much more methodical...unlike cut and solder me...hehe...

Anyway he raises our collective awareness... if we look into audio measurements probably the most advancing measuring we do generally is simple impulse response, (which is basically a form of single frequency wavelet transform)....

so you are wanting to see measurements of "Magic Wires"....actually I don't of course believe in Magic Wires...hehe what I have had is a listening experience of wires which are "Crap(Bad)" and wires which are "Good". (i.e. copper, silver, tin "Good"...Steel, Nickel, Lead "Crap"(Bad))

so I have been thinking about " Transfer Efficiency" and of course this is really a Power Distribution term, but what I do think of in terms of any audio system, is actual "Tranfer Function"....and I am looking for input to be the same as output...i.e. for Unity gain to have the Transfer Function equal to "1" for all frequencies, and all misc phase functions equal to Zero....so for "Good" wires I could propose that this is the measurement definition of what a "Good" wire is...i.e Transfer Function equal to 1 for all frequencies, say to 200khz, and all phase terms have a constant delay term, and all frequency dependent phase changes (i.e. derivitive of phase delay "group delay") be equal to zero for all frequences up to 200khz....

anyway this already too long...bottom line I am just curious how the Kimber people measured the differences in black wire vs other colors???
I suspect it takes perfect parallelogram tiling of the time–frequency plane, using the method of multiple mother chirplets.

2nd bottom line: I am unequiped to measure chirplets...question Mr Gusser? Are you equiped to measure chirplets?...because I think this would give us an interesting comparison of the various response functions of the various wires...

So anyway have Fun, and All for Good Music..
-3db

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks Luca as always a very coherent response... - Minussss3db 23:45:08 03/21/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.